Monday, January 03, 2005

Today has not been fun...

Okay, today started off with dad waking me up at 9 telling me that the grapevine, the mountain route the I-5 uses, is snowed in. So they closed it. Wooo.

This meant that I had to take the 101 down to the 405. Can't be a huge increase, you think. Well, I'd say 50 freaking miles is pretty huge. Also, 101 goes through a lot more urban zones than the 5, so you can't hit 80 as nearly as often as you can on the 5.

It took me 6 hours to just get to the 405. I can get to Irvine in 6 easy.

Then I had to bail liz out by dropping off her gift certificate and phone charger at her apartment. Normally, that'd take 15-20 minutes. But, because of massive road work on Fairfax, it took me a freaking hour to get there and back onto the 405.

Joy.

It can only get better, right? I mean, sure, I arrive in Irvine at about 7, but I manage to unload my stuff relatively easy. I get everything out of the car, bring it up to my apartment, and go back down to get my jacket and backpack and suitcase out of the middle seat.

So, I drop my keys into the passenger side to free my hands, grab the stuff, and close the passenger and side door.

Oh, by the way, for some freaking annoying reason, whenever I close the side door, it locks all of the doors.

Remember how I dropped my keys?

Yeah.

Locked the keys in the car.

Whoopty fucking doo.

So I call insurance people, they send someone to open it up, and I learned something very good about my car.

Its very hard to break into.

Of course, when you need to force open the door, it can be a little... inconvenient.

Oh, and of course my power locks only LOCK the doors, the unlocking feature doesn't work for some reason.

GREAT.

So, ten minutes later, we manage to open it up, turn off the freaking alarm that was going off quite well, and I manage to get out of there.

Oh, and because of my weird ass cable set up, my Tivo won't work until I call them tomorrow...

Oh, yeah, and its been raining pretty much consitently all across California.

...

Playing: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within.

Right freaking now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home