Thursday, February 10, 2005

The Ohio Effect

This is something dad told me about a while ago. Apparantly people in Ohio, especially during the winter, think that California, despite the temperate weather, is a horrible place. Earthquakes, moral decay, whatever. Pick a reason and you've got people in Ohio hating California.

Because, after all, if California really is so great and temperate in the middle of winter, THEN WHY ARE THEY IN OHIO?

I'm sure I just took a complex psychological theory and reduced it into its least complicated form. But, thing is, I know exactly what he means.

I have an Xbox. I have enough trouble admitting that Playstation is possibly a better console than the Xbox, let alone being happy when a good game is released for it. Same with PC gaming. After all, if the PS2 is so good, then why do I have an Xbox?

Well, for Halo 2 and KOTOR, but that's aside the point.

This thought really hit me, though, when I saw Ctrl-Alt-Del's recent comic: God Hates Console Fanboys. And suddenly, clarity.

Console fanboys are just mad that their console isn't as cool in one way or another as another console.

PC zealots are just envious of the lack of attention the Mac gets in the worm and virus department.

Mac zealots are just envious of the quantity of programs the PC has.

"They" really are just envious of our freedom.

Well, maybe not. "They" consider democracy to be heretical because it is choosing man's law over god's law, but the other one's are right...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home