Thursday, November 07, 2002

Rain, School, Rain, C++, and More Rain

Well, about 3 minutes after my morning post, I took off for school. There was a light drizzle going on. Nothing to worry about, just a bit ominous. Rain is never fun on a bike.

School was video in Econ, and Sunset Blvd. in Film :). I love Thursdays this year. Only 2 periods, wake up at 9, get to school at 10, out of school at 2.

Then came the ride home. When I left school I was putting my jacket hood under my helmet as a percaution.

Nearing my first turn, the wind picked up and it started to get wet.

At my second turn, I was switching into lower gears to battle the wind. I was getting really wet, and my grey jacket had a bit of a pattern of grey and dark grey...

On the home stretch, I was going very slowly and praying to god no cars were behind me, since I couldn't look back easily.

I got home pretty wet, but nothing major. Just an annoyance. My dark grey jacket has turned into a normal grey already.

I finished up my c++ project, saving it when all the bugs were finished, and going to watch some TV for a bit of a break.

At about 5:30, the tv turned off, as did the lights and all else electrical that was connected to the power lines.

At about 5:32, the tv turned back on, as did everything else. I went into my room, saw my computer booting up (for the first time in weeks!), my stereo on standby, and my clock flashing 5:32.

After everything was reset to normal, I finished up the code, before the power could go out again, and I hoped for one of two things:

1: Rain stops for 30 minute intervals around 9:00 and 2:30 tomorrow (when I bike to school).

2: Rain is so bad that it knocks off power for the school, but not my house, and I am given a day off due to power outage :).

It could happen :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home