Monday, December 09, 2002

Something that's stuck in my mind as of late is the theory of multiple universes. That, for every possible decision, a parallel universe is split off where that decision actually occured. Its also a solution for the grandfather paradox of time travel: If you go back in time and killed your grandfather, then how could you exist? Answer: You created a new set of parallel universes. Grandpa died, you still exist, and everything is fine.

Anyway, I was starting to think about the accident. If the Theory of Multiple Universes actually is correct, then that means that in millions of universes I never hit the pine cone and fell over, or my parents gave me a ride, or I already had my driver's license.

It also mean that in millions of universes, I broke both arms from the fall, or I swerved, missed the pine cone, and 20 yards later get hit by a car, or I didn't even exist.

I'm happy with the way things are now :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home