Thursday, May 27, 2004

The Draft is coming back...

The Text of HR 163 (very similar to S 89)

Info on it.

Here's the gist: Every person (man and woman) between 18-26 will have to go to enter the draft for two years.

EVERY PERSON.

That means you too, liz.

Now, naturally, some exemptions apply. But no College exemption this time. My medical condition (non limiting) will likely not be effective enough to get me out of it.

So I emailed my senators, basically saying that the bill should at least, AT LEAST, exempt those who are already over the age of 18.

Like me and liz.

It could be argued that Ex Post Facto applies to this, but I'd rather not have to sue the government.

Still, might be nice for other people to know about this.

*stares at Liz*

Anyway, contact your reps, people! Get this travesty changed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home