Sunday, October 10, 2004

I Blame it all on Vin...

Okay, its Baseball playoff time. And we're currently in the divisional series, and you bet yo ass I'm watching a lot of baseball right now. The playoffs are what baseball is all about.

Now, there were four series going on this week:

Minnesota Twins vs New York Yankees, and I was rooting for New York so that they could get whooped by the Red Sox (we hope) in the ALCS.

Boston Red Sox vs Anaheim Angels. Everyone except for pure Angels fans were rooting for the BoSox here. Come on, duh!

Houston Astros vs Atlanta Braves. No real favorite here. I just want the games to be really good ones.

Los Angeles Dodgers vs St Louis Cardinals.

Now, I'm from the SF Bay Area. I root for the Giants. And who's the Giants sworn enemy?

The Dodgers.

And I'm rooting for the dodgers here, in the playoffs, partially because they are the underdogs, but also for one other reason.

Vin fucking Scully.

Most sports announcers work in pairs: one for hte play-by-play, and one for the color commentary. Vin Scully works alone. He's both. And he's so freaking good at it, too.

So, yeah, I'm rooting for the Dodgers, unless they meet the BoSox. Then screw them. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home