Wednesday, February 23, 2005

New Computer!

At last, I have a computer who's power can run GBA ROMs at full speed with sound!

Um, I mean, its shiny?

Its a powerbook G4, and quite a nice one at that. I'm not really missing the fullsize keyboard, or my old comp's huge screen, since this one is so much faster its freaking rediculous.

I mean, it has no problem opening all of my webcomics in tabs! It takes like five minutes max on this comp, and it took upwards of fifteen on the iMac!

Still working on transferring files and stuff. Most of the stuff has been transferred manually, as either my firewire cord is broken (a distinct possibility) or its some other freaky shit. However, iTunes is not cooperating. Its freezing up occasionally, and it can't find many of the songs, which I have to select in the finder manually.

And since I have thousands of songs, this prospect does not please me.

That, and my school email accound isn't cooperating with Mail, but that seems like a less difficult problem.

Bah, minor problems. I still have my old comp hooked up, especailly since it has the awesome speaker still hooked up to it. So its acting as something of a jukebox.

A $2000 jukebox.

*sigh*

Still, I love the trackpad. It has the ability to scroll when you put two fingers onto it instead of just one (note: this works when one is stationary and the other is moving or when both are moving, which is infinitely easier). Also, the clicky ability with the trackpad is surprisingly useful.

Yay! New Tech! WOOOOOOOOO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home