Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Doom Theatrical Trailer

Ooooooooh, aaaaaaaaah

Okay, ignoring completely warranted cynicism about video game translations into film (Resident Evil 2, Super Mario Brothers, Streetfighter (live action only), etc), I've gotta say I'm looking forward to this. They've got many of staples: A lot of the monsters look like the ones from Doom 3 (the most graphically realistic looking of the games), the chainsaw and BFG are there, but its the camera trick that, while looking gimmicky, could end up being extremely cool.

You see, Doom is a First Person Shooter. With the exception of a few scattered cut-scenes in the third game, the player never actually sees the avatar, and what they see is what the avatar sees. The scenes that use that are easily recognizable by the lack of a human on screen and a gun in the lower half.

Now, this could easily be gimmicky, but it could also be a great way to create a lot of fear and confusion in the audience, if used correctly. Of course, anything could be good if used correctly. We just have to see if the directors, editors, and producers are competent.

And its only 6 weeks away...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katrina + Online Marketing - the Good, Bad and Ugly
The world is still reeling from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. How is Katrina affecting the online marketing world and how is our industry helping OR hurting the issue? I believe thousands of sites are ...
Y'know, everyone suffers from lagging energy once in a while, and some more than others!
If you could use more energy to get through your day, please have a look at my site about natural energy drinks... There's more to natural energy drinks than you may have thought!

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate those pharmacy spammers.
What are you doing these days Eric? Did you work at the 'Scope this summer?

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Wraithy and top of the morning to you! I came across your site by accident while looking for stuff on A.C.T.. It isn't quite what I am looking for, but I enjoyed your site anyway, and can see why it came up for searches on A.C.T.. Good luck with your site and your life, and thanks again for the interesting diversion.

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Wraithy how did I get here? I was trying to find some info on Energy Drinks so goodness why the last link I clicked on brought me here. But although there is nothing about energy drinks here, I'd like to say what a good job you've done with this post

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Wraithy There I was just cruising the web looking for info on ENERGY4U and I happened upon your site. It looks like you have put a lot of work into this post and congratulations, but I'm really looking for info on an amazing new energy drink.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home