Saturday, October 25, 2003

Orange skies, smiling at me, nothing but orange skies...

Currently in the Greater LA Area, there are a couple of massive wildfires going on. None of them are even close to Irvine, since they are a considerable distance north-by-northwest of here.

One small problem: Winds in that area are 60 mph going south-by-southeast.

Right now, if the sun was out, the massive smoke in the air would dim it considerably. At midday, the sky was orange instead of, well, blue. Right now, everyone's keeping their windows closed to keep the ash and the heat out, and my one trip to the vending machine (for bottled water, thank you very much) really aggravated my cough.

And I kept getting ash stuck in my eye...

Otherwise, things are remarkably boring.

Hey, its UCI on the weekends :).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home